Phoebe Waller-Bridge is being lined up to replace Harrison Ford in the ‘Indiana Jones’ franchise.
The ‘Fleabag’ star will star opposite the veteran actor in his upcoming fifth outing as the adventurer and it’s been claimed producers are keen for her to lead the next movie in the series as a female version of the archaeology professor.
A source told the Mail on Sunday newspaper that producer Kathleen Kennedy wants to make “big, bold changes” to the franchise.
They added: “It would be a huge statement, and a great role for Phoebe.”
A spokesperson for the producer declined to comment, while Phoebe’s representatives failed to respond.
Last month, it was reported filming on the new 'Indiana Jones' movie had been pushed back three months as a result of 79-year-old Harrison’s shoulder injury, which he sustained in a choreographed fight scene.
An insider said: "It is Harrison's last outing as Indiana and everyone thought it would be plain sailing.
"After the initial delays everyone was raring to go. But now Harrison is injured and it is worse than first thought.
"The film's bosses have come together to work out the scheduling and it's chaos. The earliest they think they can restart the production is September.
"It was not what anyone was expecting so to have to change everything is a huge blow. Everyone was concerned for Harrison and they are glad he is on the mend."
Ford is known for doing his own stunts on set and Spielberg once confessed he was an "idiot" for letting the star take on risky scenes, such as the boulder run in 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.